Initiating therapy with twice-daily Xtampza ER
- Initiation & Titration
- Equivalent Dosage
Xtampza ER initiation and titration
Advise patients to eat approximately the same amount of food with each dose to ensure consistent plasma levels1
Opioid-naïve and opioid non-tolerant starting dose1
- Initiate treatment with one 9-mg capsule orally every 12 hours with food
Individually titrate to a dosage that provides adequate analgesia while minimizing adverse reactions1
- The dosage may be adjusted every 1 to 2 days
- Reduce the dosage if unacceptable adverse reactions are observed
- As a guideline, the total daily oxycodone dosage usually can be increased by 25% to 50% each time an increase is clinically indicated
- The maximum daily dosage is 288 mg (eight 36-mg capsules, equivalent to 320 mg oxycodone HCl)
1. Xtampza ER [prescribing information]. Canton, MA: Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc; 2016.
Equivalent dosage from oxycodone HCl to Xtampza ER
Available in 5 different capsule strengths1
Capsules not actual size.
Xtampza ER is formulated with an oxycodone base that has a lower molecular weight than oxycodone HCl1,2
To convert from other oral oxycodone formulations, administer half the equivalent total daily oral oxycodone dose Q12 hr with food1
- Example: A patient receiving a total daily dose of 80 mg of oxycodone IR would receive 36 mg of Xtampza ER Q12 hr with food
- Example: A patient receiving 40 mg of oxycodone ER Q12 hr would receive 36 mg of Xtampza ER Q12 hr with food
1. Xtampza ER [prescribing information]. Canton, MA: Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc; 2016. 2. OxyContin [prescribing information]. Stamford, CT: Purdue Pharma L.P.; 2015.